Eugene Field Elementary
“Reach for the Stars!” This 2013-2014 school year will be out of this world! Together, we will Reach for the Stars!Every year at Eugene Field, we set school-wide goals for the year. We work diligently everyday to reach those goals.
We will also continue with the great things we already do at Eugene Field. We will continue to effectively implement the Professional Learning Community (PLC) concept into our culture. We will continue with the Houghton Mifflin reading series, the Everyday math series, the Debbie Diller Lit & Math stations, and the Lucy Calkins writing series. We will be aligning our resources with Common Core Standards and working to increase the level of rigor in our learning. Finally, we will continue with our excellent parent involvement, which includes PTO and Watch D.O.G.S.We have high expectations for students, because we know a strong foundation is necessary to life-long success. We will work diligently every day to provide every student with opportunities to be successful, life-long learners! WE WILL REACH FOR THE STARS!! Here is our EF team: Principal: Christine Harper Assistant Principal: Melissa Chastain Kindergarten: Jennifer Clouse, Rachel Howell, Kristin Jenkins, Julie Robinson 1st Grade: Mindy Hudson, Alexandra Stuckenschneider, Allison Tveitnes, Kelly Whalen 2nd Grade: Christy Alexander, Lorie Meyer, Susan Ransom, Michelle Whanger 3rd Grade: Amanda Jenkins, Carey Knipfel, Jessie Mommens 4th Grade: Bryan Green, Ann Runge, Tori Webber 5th Grade: Beth Butcher, Julie Mantle, Alicia Saunders Specials: Deb Hall, Jackiesue Hoskins, Brandon Schafer, Jenni Shoemaker, Georganna Tomkins Special Ed: Erin Polson, Kerri Smith, Amy Willis Title I: Nancy Baker, Mary Beardslee Counselor: Amy Auwarter ISS/FIC: Daniel Nunnelly Office Staff: Liz Lauer, Jonie Walser Nurse: Lynda Thurman Recess Aide: Steffany Ingebritson Paraprofessionals: Renee Alksnis, Liti Duncan, Karen Marlow, Erin Paden, Samantha Swaim Custodians: Jimmy Adams, Basil Brown, Jerry Curtis Cafeteria: Charlotte Iman, Pam Jacobi, Terri Moore, Emaly Stinnett
- Our first building goal is attendance. Our goal this year is every student having AT LEAST 90% attendance for the year. Kids cannot learn if they are not in school. As a result, students will only be allowed to miss 6 days in a semester. School attendance is extremely important, and we are going to work hard to help each and every student reach our goal.
- Our second building goal is to provide reading & math enrichment opportunities for all students. We want 90% of all students reading on or above grade level. We will continue with GROWL time 8:09-8:45 for reading, and all students will be assigned to a group that will meet their individual reading needs. For math, each grade level will be providing extra enrichment time during the day to provide students with individual math needs.
- Our third building goal is to have 90% of all students with no office referrals. We implemented the Eugene Field Be Attitudes: Be a Learner, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe at the beginning of the 09-10 school year. For the last four years, we have taught students what those expectations look like in the classroom, in the bathroom, in the cafeteria, in the hallways, on the playground, and on the bus. For the 2013-2014 school year, we will continue to teach those school-wide expectations (you will be hearing the term PBIS-Positive Behavior Interventions and Support throughout the year). We will use Conscious Discipline and PBIS as our tools to help students make positive choices and be successful at school.
Eugene Field Elementary
704 W Boulevard St
Mexico, MO 65265
Principal: Mrs. Amber Crane
To report information that needs updating, please contact...
The mission of the Mexico Public Schools is to foster in each student:
- a positive self-image,
- critical and creative thinking skills,
- responsible citizenship,
- a dedicated work ethic, and
- adaptability in a changing technological society
Each student will have at his or her command a specific grade level body of knowledge.